20 Families Now Homeless As Cooking Gas Cylinder Explodes In Delta (Photos)

20 Families Now Homeless As Cooking Gas Cylinder Explodes In Delta (Photos)

Over the weekend, about twenty families were rendered homeless as a cooking gas cylinder exploded in Opi Street by fish pond in Ugboroke Community, Uvwie Local Government Area of Delta State, at about 3pm on Sunday.

Although no one died or sustained injuries, the fire incident razed down the makeshift building housing the over 20 families.

It took the prompt intervention of the Delta State Service to quench the fire and save same from spreading to other buildings.

20 Families Now Homeless As Cooking Gas Cylinder Explodes In Delta (Photos)

20 Families Now Homeless As Cooking Gas Cylinder Explodes In Delta (Photos)

20 Families Now Homeless As Cooking Gas Cylinder Explodes In Delta (Photos)

An eyewitness who spoke to the press, the cooking gas cylinder exploded when the girl friend of one of the tenants in the compound was preparing meal unknown to her that the gas was leaking.

According to the eyewitness,”Before the girl came out from the house, everywhere was on fire. Her boyfriend asked her lock and they ran away. By this time, some of the tenants are still in church.”

Also Read :  Two Men Electrocuted While Working On Bank Building In Jos (Graphic Photo)

Another victim, Barrack Odjere, 68year old man, said he just returned from church when he met the inferno.

“All my properties burnt to ashes. I have no place to stay now with my family. I want Government to come and help us because we are homeless.”

One of the victims simply identified as Mama Israel said,”I sweep church before I enter morning. Everything for house burn finish. The only thing manage to rescue is this small bible I came back from church with.”

About industreet9ja 960 Articles
Welcome to number entertainment website.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*